After more than 14 months apart, we reopened Trinity Church for 11:15am Sunday worship on the Day of Pentecost, May 23, 2021 and several months later returned to our pre-pandemic five Sunday services.
Because of the exponential spread of the Omicron variant, we have decided to limit our Sunday services in January to the 11:15 am Holy Eucharist in Trinity Church only. The service will be available for in-person worship and online.
Our weekday 12:05pm services will continue to be offered online, and most of our planned activities for the month will take place online only as well. We hope this will lower the chances of exposure for our congregation, our clergy and staff, and visitors.
To join us in person for worship, you can find all the information you need below, no matter which service in you choose.
Entrance will be at the main gate at Trinity Church (at the intersection of Broadway and Wall Street).
- Capacity is limited to 140 people.
- Masks will be required at all times inside the church property.
- Proof of vaccination is now required for worship services and other in-person events. Read more.
- Attendees will queue on the sidewalk north of the Trinity gate, facing south.
- You’ll have five stops:
- Vaccination check—show your CDC vaccination card, Excelsior pass, or other state-issued vaccination app, along with your government-issued photo ID, to Trinity's Security staff.
- Health screening—you can fill out the form ahead of time at trinitycheckin.org or by answering questions asked by Security staff.
- Security screening—in addition to magnetometers, we are using X-ray machines to scan personal belongings. No weapons, dangerous instruments, food, or beverages are allowed.
- Contact tracing—if you have not submitted your name and phone number as part of the online health screening, you’ll be asked to sign a log with your name and phone number for contact tracing.
- Seating—members of the Security staff will ask how many people are in your party and will escort you to your seats. Seats will be assigned; special seat requests cannot be accommodated, and switching seats will not be allowed.
- Trinity strives to be an inclusive community that welcomes all. If you need assistance or accommodations to join us for worship, please email email@example.com or call 212.602.0800.
A Few Notes about All Services
To keep everyone safe:
- There will be no passing of the peace, but we will greet each other in a friendly, physically distanced way.
- Offering will not be taken, but donation boxes will be available.
- Communion will be brought to parishioners at their seats. Communion will be “in one kind” (bread only).
- There is no nursery or children's chapel.
- We continue to livestream our services online. Click here for a full list of worship services.
We look forward to seeing you in person!