Effective Date: June 30, 2023
- The types of information we may collect through our Sites
- How we may use and protect that information
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
This Policy does not apply to non-Trinity websites, including websites or mobile applications that may link to our Sites or be linked to by our Sites; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Depending on how you interact with them, we may collect, process, and retain information you enter when using our Sites, including the following:
- Your name, home address, email address, and telephone number when you sign up for one of our programs, subscribe to our email newsletters, make a donation to the Church, or otherwise correspond with us.
- A record of any correspondence we have with you.
- The amount of your gift when you donate.
- Information you provide on behalf of yourself or your children in order to participate in our programming, such as name and contact information, birth date, school, allergy information, and program interests.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a vendor acting on our behalf.
Information We May Collect
When you interact with our Sites, certain information about your use may be automatically collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We may collect:
- Details of your visits to our Sites and information generated in the course of the use of our Sites (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including traffic data, weblogs, and other communication data, the resources you access, and how you reached our Sites.
- Details of your use of our web-based augmented reality (“AR”) application and information generated in the course of your interaction with the application, such as IP address, device operating system, browser user agent, and information related to your use of the application, including the page requested, the time spent on the site, and session identifiers. In order to provide the AR experience, we also collect geospatial data and images from your device cameras and sensors when you interact with the application content.
- Information about how you interact with our marketing and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Sites or services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
- Information that you make available to us on a payment processing platform (such as by filling out a registration form and clicking a payment link from our Sites or services), including your name, email address, card type and last four digits, and other information included on the form.
- Advertising or Marketing: Allowing us to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Performance and Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our services are being used, track website performance and improve our Sites.
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our Sites, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views, and remembering your preferences.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Sites through social networking and other websites.
Below is a list of companies who may collect data on our behalf, with links to more information about how they may use your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking. We may add companies or remove them from this list at any time.
|Advertising and Marketing
|Advertising and Marketing
|Advertising and Social Media
|How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services
|Typekit by Adobe
|Site Functionality (AR App)
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Sites may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Sites.
Information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Sites or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of internet-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Payment Processing Information
Trinity is not a payment processor and facilitates payments directly between users of the platform via third party payment providers such as PayPal and Stripe. When you click on a payment link from our Sites or services, you will be prompted to input your payment information directly with the payment provider. Trinity does not access or store your full payment information. Before creating an account or making a payment please take a moment to read the privacy policies of these payment providers:
How We May Use Your Information
We may use information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our programs and services, including to communicate with you.
- To understand how our programs and services are being used, track the performance of the Sites, and make improvements.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of our programs and services.
- To provide you with information relating to our programs and services, in accordance with your preferences.
How We May Share Your Information
- Episcopal Diocese of New York: We may share your information with the Episcopal Diocese of New York.
- Outside Vendors: We may engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf: auditing and accounting vendors; payment processors; security vendors; text messaging and email service providers; contact management software providers; membership, volunteer, and event management software services providers; marketing services providers; social media management services providers; web-based application services; website hosting services; online forum services providers; and IT vendors.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Other Non-Profit Organizations: We may share your information with other non-profits with which we have relationships.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations: We also use or disclose your information if required to do so by law or on the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users; or (c) protect the personal safety of Trinity personnel, users of the Sites, or the public.
Sale of Information
We do not sell your personal information.
How We Secure Your Information
The Sites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We safeguard the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and other procedures. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information disclosed online. Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet, including when you are using the Sites.
Our Sites are intended for users age thirteen and over. We do not knowingly collect information from children through our Sites. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13 through the Sites, we will delete that information.
Where participation in our programming may result in the collection of information from children, we will provide separate explanation of our practices. We will not collect more information about children than is reasonably necessary to administer our programs.
Users Outside the United States
If you use our Sites outside the United States, you understand that we collect, process, and store your information in the United States. The laws in the United States regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your jurisdiction.