At Trinity Retreat Center, in West Cornwall, Connecticut, we know that it can be difficult to find time and space for rest and renewal away from the busyness of life. Our personal retreats offer a "place apart” for prayer, creative work, study, writing, and restoration. We offer optional spiritual direction as part of the personal retreat experience.
What We Offer
- Comfortable, newly remodeled private rooms with private bathrooms and A/C
- All meals, starting with dinner on your arrival day and ending with lunch on your departure day
- Spiritual direction upon request
- A secluded 55-acre campus along the Housatonic River with walking trails in the Trinity Forest and a 1.5-mile-long river trail, and 140 species of trees and flowering shrubs; a labyrinth; a working farm; an outdoor chapel; a rescued-donkey sanctuary; a monastic garden; and a historic stone chapel. The center is located one mile east of the Appalachian Trail.
- High-Speed Wireless Internet Access Points in all buildings and across campus
- Daily Episcopal worship, including morning prayer, candlelight Compline, weekend evening vigils, and Sunday Eucharist
- A short walk to West Cornwall, Connecticut, and a short distance from Cornwall, Cornwall Bridge, Falls Village, and Torrington
- You may bring a family member or friend; see pricing for double occupancy. Personal retreats are for adults only
- We have a two-night minimum for weekend reservations
- We ask that you arrive between 4pm and 6pm
- We have quiet hours after 10pm
- Only guests with overnight or program reservations are allowed in campus buildings. If you would like to meet on campus with someone who does not have a reservation, please arrange this with the front office.
Pricing for Personal Retreats
- 1 adult: all-inclusive single room and meals - $120 per night
- 2 adults: all-inclusive double room and meals - $195 per night
If retreats must be canceled due to the state of public health at the time of any retreats, we will issue full refunds to registrants.
Looking to bring more than two people? Contact us to book a small group retreat for 4-6 people at our Forest House in the peaceful woods overlooking the Housatonic River. Learn more about booking a retreat for larger groups, or check out our in-house themed retreats and online retreats.