At Trinity Retreat Center, in West Cornwall, Connecticut, we know that it can be difficult to find time and space for rest and renewal away from the busyness of life. Our personal and small group (up to four people) retreats offer a “place apart” for prayer, creative work, study, writing, and restoration.
Enjoy our secluded 55-acre campus along the Housatonic River with walking trails in the Trinity Forest and a 1.5-mile-long river trail, and 140 species of trees and flowering shrubs; a labyrinth; a working farm; an outdoor chapel; a rescued-donkey sanctuary; a monastic garden; and a historic stone chapel. The center is located one mile east of the Appalachian Trail.
Retreatants may take part in daily Episcopal worship, including morning prayer, candlelight Compline, weekend evening vigils, and Sunday Eucharist. For those looking to explore, we are a short walk to West Cornwall, Connecticut, and a short distance from Cornwall, Cornwall Bridge, Falls Village, and Torrington.
To inquire about availability and book, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917.594.5800 to explore availability. Currently, we require reservation requests at least one week in advance of anticipated arrival.
Personal Retreats at the Main House
What we offer:
- Comfortable, newly remodeled private rooms with private bathrooms and A/C
- All meals, starting with dinner on your arrival day and ending with lunch on your departure day
- Spiritual direction upon request
- High-Speed Wireless Internet Access Points in all buildings and across campus
- You may bring a family member or friend. Personal retreats are for adults only.
- We have a two-night minimum for weekend reservations
- We ask that you arrive between 4pm and 6pm
- We have quiet hours after 10pm
- Only guests with overnight or program reservations are allowed in campus buildings. If you would like to meet on campus with someone who does not have a reservation, please arrange this with the front office.
- View pricing information and see photos of the accommodations here.
Personal and Small Group Retreats at the Forest House
The Forest House is a self-contained accommodation for individuals and groups of up to four. It is cloistered among the trees on a hill, a short walk from the Main House. Overlooking the Housatonic River, the building features several meeting and meditation spaces, a screened porch overlooking the river, a living room with a working fireplace, high-speed WiFi, and central air-conditioning and heat. In all seasons, it is an ideal place to find rest, silence, and restoration
- There are three guest rooms.
- One second-floor guest room with private bathroom that can accommodate a couple or two single guests.
- Two first-floor guest rooms with a shared bathroom that can each accommodate a single guest.
- The Forest House also has: 2.5 bathrooms; a full kitchen with gas stove; living and dining rooms; a deck and screened porch with a river view; and a laundry room. There are two smaller rooms on the second floor that can be used either as an office or study. The living room features a gas fireplace to be used in the colder months.
- High-speed 500mbps WiFi is available throughout.
- There is a fully equipped kitchen for guests to prepare their own meals. However, when retreats are in progress in the Main House, Forest House guests will have the option to join the Center for meals at no additional cost. Meals at the center are typically served at 8 am, noon and 6 pm. If you are joining us at the Main House for a meal, please know that a reservation will need to be made in advance of your stay, as last-minute meal requests cannot be accommodated.
- View pricing information and view photos of accommodations here.