What is Foundations?
Foundations (formerly called “Episcopal 101”) is a series for those seeking Adult Baptism or Confirmation, Reception, or Reaffirmation of Faith in the Episcopal Church. It is also a great opportunity to acquire a greater understanding of what it means to be an Episcopalian and Anglican for those seeking formal membership at Trinity Church and St. Paul’s Chapel. Together we will learn about scripture, theology, prayer and much more. Join Trinity clergy and staff for fun, fellowship, and interactive learning.
2019 Fall Series
Sundays, September 29-October 27
1pm, Trinity's Chapel of All Saints
RSVPs are appreciated via the form at the bottom of this page.
Foundations is for anyone who:
- Wants to be baptized
- Has been baptized, but has never publicly acknowledged their baptism
- Desires to formally become a member of Trinity and St. Paul's
- Has previously been a member of another Christian church body, but now wants to be Received into the Episcopal Church
- Has been inactive in the life of the Church for a period of time and woudl like to make a new beginning by publicly Reaffirming their faith
- Has been baptized, but has never been a member of a church body and would like to be Confirmed in the Episcopal Church
- Is interested in the history and tradition of Christianity, Anglicanism, the Episcopal Church, or Trinity Parish
I am not an Episcopalian—or even Christian—but I am a “seeker.” May I still attend?
Yes, it is for you. In Jesus’ words to the disciples of John, “Come and See.” (John 1:39)
What will I experience?
Join us as you deepen your relationship with God. These sessions will offer a learning community that will investigate Church history, scripture, and spirituality and prayer, as well as The Book of Common Prayer, the form and function of the Episcopal Church in the United States, and aspects of the path we walk together at Trinity and St. Paul’s. You will experience interactive discussions, exercises in prayer and meditation, reflection, and worship in a safe and welcoming environment.
Foundations addresses issues of Christian life in the context of the values of Trinity Church community. Here at Trinity we find our center through prayer and spiritual practice guided and informed by Scripture and the traditions of the Apostles. It is our hope that you will find this series of instruction edifying, and a community of people willing and ready to journey through celebrations, challenges and the ordinary things of life with you.
All are welcome to join the class at any point, but RSVPs are always appreciated via the form below. For further questions, please contact the Rev. Matt Welsch.